Trinity Christian Academy
Requirements and Registration
What are the Requirements
Trinity Christian Academy will accept students who will be taught by their parents at home. The school will designate the home as a satellite of the main campus. All prospective families must sign a Statement of Faith. Registration is required each new school year. Parents will need to maintain and submit a curriculum list for each student for the upcoming year and Attendance Record and Grade Average Report each year.
Students must attend school a minimum of 180 days per year, no less than four hours a day.
Achievement tests are administered every year in grades 2-12. Juniors and Seniors may opt out of testing if they plan to take the ACT or SAT.
Any prospective student who has been expelled from any public or private school must be approved on a case-by-case basis after an interview with the principal of TCA.
When to Register
The academic school year starts August 1 and ends July 31 of the following year. Open enrollment for the Umbrella program is the last week in July at Trinity Community Church, 6706 Central Ave Pike, Knoxville, Tennessee 37912. After open enrollment, registration is by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, click here to use our contact form or contact us at 865-256-4695 Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm. After open enrollment, a fee of $20 per student will be added to the registration cost. It is imperative that our families register in a timely manner so that our state reporting can be complete and accurate. Registration officially closes on September 30th of each year.
What to Bring to Registration
- A current official immunization form from the doctor or the Health Department.
- An official school entry medical form from the Health Department or doctor indicating that the kindergarten student has had a complete physical.
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Student’s social security card
- Contact information (address & phone) from the last school attended if transferring
- Umbrella Application Click here to print
- A list of curriculum for each student
- Attendance and Grade record for completed school year Click here to print.
All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration and are non-refundable.
- K-10 Registration Fee: $50.00 per student (not to exceed $150 per family)
- 11-12 Registration Fee: $75.00 per student
- Grades 2-12 Testing Fee: $50.00 per student (Kindergarten and 1st grade will not be tested)
- Late registration Fee: $25.00
- Graduation Fee: $200.00 (includes: cap and gown, Senior T-shirt, diploma with cover and ceremony.)